Carrots are not just crunchy and fun to eat vegetables; they are very rich in minerals which include potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorus and calcium.
Carrots are great for your eye sight and your vision as they contain vitamins B carotene, C, K and A, all of which are crucial for ones vision.
By consuming carrots daily it will boost your immune system and encourage the body to fight off any bacteria, fungal and viral infections.
Carrots can also treat any upper respiratory problem that caused from colds, asthma, bronchitis or a dry cough. They are great for the digestive system as the fiber they contain will encourage regular bowel movements.
You can get rid of your cough and the phlegm in your lungs with this simple homemade carrot based recipe.
Simple DIY Homemade Carrot Cough Syrup
- Carrot ½ kg
- Natural raw honey 3-4 tablespoons
- Chop the carrots and place them in a pot of water to boil
- Boil them until they soft
- Strain the water out of the pot but don’t throw out the water
- Wait until the water has cooled
- Mash the carrots with a fork
- Add the water and the honey to the mashed carrots
- Make sure to keep the mixture in the refrigerator when not in use
- It best if you consume this daily to eliminate the cough fast
- Consume about 3 to 4 tablespoon before eating a meal
- For best results consume this for two days
- If you haven’t seen improvement its best to see a doctor
Try it out today and reap the expectorant benefits of your carrots.