We all know the detriments of putting ourselves down. When we tell ourselves we’re not good enough too many times, we truly begin to believe it, and for many people, mornings aren’t the easiest. The feeling of getting out of bed to exercise, go to work, or take on any other responsibility we feel obligated to do is tough. But that’s because we make it tough. We tell ourselves Mondays are the worst. We tell ourselves it’s too early to exercise. Thoughts begin to circulate in our heads regarding all the things we have to do, all the things we should be doing, and all the things we actually want to do but don’t feel like we deserve or have time for. This negativity only brings on stress.
We get into such a groove of doing this, of complaining about our Monday through Fridays, that we tend to live for moments, like the weekends or vacations, to get us through the rest of our days. But what we should be doing is living for every day. So how can you change your morning around?
Mantras are words or phrases meant to be chanted either internally or out loud as a means of meditating. They originated about 3,000 years ago in India, at least to the Vedic tradition, in which they were used to influence and control the gods. Throughout history, they have continued to be used in various ways to promote transformation. In our modern day Western world, they are often seen as a means to shifting our perspectives in order to welcome a new sense of self. In the words of Buddha, “What we think, we become.”
To help you find the beauty in each day, and at every moment, try changing the way you view yourself in this world by incorporating these 20 motivational mantras.
1. Today, I will choose happiness.
2. I am enough.
3. Today, I will positively impact someone’s day.
4. Today, accept what is instead of resenting what isn’t.
5. Just to be alive is a grand thing.
6. May I be Happy. May I be Healthy. May I be Creative. May I be at ease.
7. I am thankful for everything I have.
8. Today, I will breathe deeply and go slowly.
9. It is enough to do my best.
10. Breathe in joy and strength, breathe out wisdom and peace.
11. I choose to believe in abundance, and accept this belief as my reality.
12. Life is short. Let’s do this.
13. Be stronger than your excuses.
14. I am fulfilled. I am fearless.
15. The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.
16. Focus on how you want to feel, not what you want to achieve.
17. I honor my spirit and trust my vibes.
18. Don’t postpone joy.
19. Everything I’m searching for is already inside of me.
20. I will be grateful for this day.
When a negative thought comes into your mind, say the mantra that defies that. When you feel tired, tell yourself to be stronger than your excuses. When you just don’t feel like it and decide to push something off, tell yourself that life is too short not to do it today. Remind yourself to be grateful, to breathe deeply, to go slowly, to live simply. You are enough. This world is beautiful. You choose happiness.