Sex is great, and even science agrees. Whether you’re looking for a workout or a way to appear younger, look no further than getting your rocks off.
1. ORGASMS INCREASE BLOOD FLOW TO ALL PARTS OF THE BRAIN, AND RESEARCHERS SAY THEY’RE BETTER MENTAL EXERCISE THAN A CROSSWORD.
2. SEX RELEASES DHEA, A NATURAL STEROID THAT KEEPS YOU LOOKING YOUNG.
3. ACCORDING TO DR JENNIE LESLIE, SEX CAN BE USED TO RELIEVE PERIOD SYMPTOMS. MUSCLE CONTRACTIONS THAT OCCUR DURING CLIMAX RELIEVE TENSION IN THE MUSCLES OF THE UTERUS. MEANING LIGHTER, SHORTER PERIODS.
Researchers at Columbia and Stanford also found that women who have sex at least once a week have more regular and predictable menstrual cycles.
4. VAGINAL STIMULATION HAS BEEN FOUND TO BLOCK CHRONIC BACK PAIN, LEG PAIN, AND EVEN HEADACHES.
The surge of hormones is also linked to pain relief. “A study conducted at the Headache Clinic at Southern Illinois University found that half of female migraine sufferers reported relief after climaxing,” reports Women’s Health Magazine.
5. STUDIES HAVE DETERMINED THAT REGULAR SEX IS GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN.
6. DR DEBBY HERBENICK FOUND THAT MORNING SEX BOOSTS YOUR MOOD AND IMMUNE SYSTEM FOR THE REST OF THE DAY – BETTER THAN A CUP OF COFFEE EVER WOULD.
7. PEOPLE WHO REGULARLY HAVE PENILE-VAGINAL INTERCOURSE HAVE LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE THAN THOSE WHO DO NOT.
8. OXYTOCIN, THE HORMONE RESPONSIBLE FOR CREATING FEELINGS OF LOVE, IS ELEVATED IN MEN AFTER SEX. WITH ELEVATED LEVELS OF OXYTOCIN, STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT MEN ARE LESS LIKELY TO WANT TO STRAY FROM THEIR PARTNERS.
So, sex literally drives men to be more committed to a relationship.
9. THE MORE A MAN EJACULATES, THE LOWER HIS RISK OF GETTING PROSTATE CANCER.
One study showed that men who have had more than 20 sexual partners in their lifetime are up to 28% less likely to get prostate cancer.
10. SEX COULD PREVENT THE COMMON COLD.
It boosts the body’s levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A, which can protect you from colds and flu.
11. SEX IS CONSIDERED MODERATE EXERCISE AND BURNS FOUR CALORIES PER MINUTE FOR MEN AND THREE PER MINUTE FOR WOMEN.
It’s the equivalent of playing double’s tennis or walking uphill.