Flan is one of those desserts that you immediately associate with fanciness. But what if I told you that you can not only make beautiful, Spanish baked flan at home, but it could be made in your blender?
Probably that I was crazy. This recipe, brought to us from AllRecipes, is a simple way to get creamy, impressive flan that will blow your dinner guests away!
EASY SPANISH BAKED FLAN
– 2/3 cup white sugar
– 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 1 cup milk
– 5 eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small nonstick saucepan, heat the sugar over medium heat. Shake and swirl occasionally to distribute sugar until it is dissolved and begins to brown. Lift the pan over the heat source (4 to 6 inches) and continue to brown the sugar until it becomes a dark golden brown. You may slightly stir while cooking, but continually stirring causes the sugar to crystallize. Pour caramelized sugar into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish or a large loaf pan, and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
3. In a blender, combine sweetened condensed milk, cream, milk, eggs and vanilla. Blend on high for one minute. Pour over the caramelized sugar.
4. Place the filled casserole dish into a larger pan and add 1 inch of HOT water to the outer pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set.